[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is Host Gator WORTH the price? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is Host Gator WORTH the price?

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Is Host Gator WORTH the price?

Postby ismokedu » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:14 pm

I am in need of a hosting service, and I constantly hear about Host Gator. Is it really worth the price? Will I be getting everything I need? I'm looking to put up a simple website, but it needs to be up almost 24/7, will Host Gator do that? Please I would love feedback on this matter, thanks everyone!

ismokedu

Postby tknoppe » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:43 am

Welcome to SSWT!

To answer your question: yes, HostGator is all that (and a bag of chips! :P ). Seriously, they are amazing. I'm both a reseller and affiliate for them. I'm also a reseller for another hosting company, and HostGator is still my preference. They have excellent customer service, should you ever need it (which I rarely do).
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:03 am

I've hosted with several different companies, and yes HostGator is quite reliable. I haven't had any noticeable down time in the 2 years I've been hosting with them so far. And quite honestly for the space and service they provide they are extremely affordable.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:19 am

TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:14 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:48 pm

I do believe I need me some HostGator!!! :D
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby nhynes57 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:46 am

I agree that Hostgator is good for site with low traffic but if you get a big spike in traffic from a new promotion then they will close you down without warning. Just be aware of this.
nhynes57

Postby DJSFran32 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:46 am

I also have recently signed up with HG and am very pleased but I am confused about the spike in traffic and HG shutting me down? What is that about can you explain?

Thanks,
DJSFran32

Postby tknoppe » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:33 am

tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby DJSFran32 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:47 am

Thanks Traci, I wasn't shut down but I was just courious when someone mentioned it could happen. But you are right I should call HG. Thanks for the advise.
DJSFran32

Postby tam2005 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:01 pm

I agree...Host Gator is awesome. Excellent support. :D
tam2005

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

I've never heard of HostGator shutting anyone down for a spike in traffic without notice. If there is a script problem or you reach your resource limit, they will contact you and advise that you upgrade your account etc...
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:54 pm

tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:28 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Mel » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:11 pm

Mel

Next

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion