[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I am new to the group • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I am new to the group

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

I am new to the group

Postby paul5of6 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:45 pm

Hello everyone. I am fairly new to internet marketing. I joined this forum to learn from others and share some ideas. I started my website, www.insects4sale.com, about 2 years ago as a hobby. I specialize in selling dried insect specimens of species found mainly in the USA, with some exotic species found worldwide. Yes, I am what one might call a bug geek.

The niche that my site seems to fill is insects local to the USA. Most of my sales come from students who have put off their insect collecting assignment or who think that bugs are icky and prefer not to catch them. At any rate, my customers pay me $3 for a fly that I swatted in my kitchen window.

Resently I have noticed that a similar company out of China, insect-sale.com, is always number 1 with certain keywords on Google. I would like to learn how I can be consistently number 1.
paul5of6

Postby nar321 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:56 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby Moneycatchers » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Moneycatchers
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:24 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby emarketer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:44 am

Hi Paul and welcome to the site. That's a very cool looking site you have there. I bet you never have a dull moment in the type of business you're in.
emarketer
Elite Member

Postby John Dowling » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:01 pm

$3. a FLY! WOW! In the land of OZ (Australia) if you open your mouth wide for 3 seconds you catch 3 of the little buggers and all for free.

Anyway, welcome.

John Australia
John Dowling

Postby KarenMcG » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi Paul (waves)

Welcome to the group.

I'll have to take your word for it that your insects are cool.

Although we have some cats that are thrilled at an errant fly or two that seem to have taken up housekeeping in our house over this winter. We seem to see them now and then. I'll have to tell "our boys" they can't chase it any longer because it's worth big money to us.

It's a good excuse, really, because I've been getting a bit tired of them jumping in unison on the furniture! :lol:

Karen
KarenMcG
Elite Member

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion