[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hello Everybody • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hello Everybody

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Hello Everybody

Postby louisvillesfinest » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:17 pm

louisvillesfinest

Postby chriscobb » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:31 pm

Welcome to Louisville's Finest. This was probably the best stumble upon that you will do. You should seriously consider joining the Elite group. Lynn is the best!
chriscobb
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Hello & Welcome :D

First, you dont have to submit your website to the search engines. Its unnecessary. We used to do that years ago, when they were more of a 'directory' than they are now, but these days they are driven mostly by links. Meaning if a link to your site shows up on the web, the search engines find it in their 'crawl' and add you to the index.

Is your site about Louisville, KY?

For SEO, start here:
http://www.clicknewz.com/634/keyword-placement/

And then let me know what your questions are ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thanks for everything

Postby louisvillesfinest » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:29 am

louisvillesfinest

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:10 am

Where have you seen keyword stuffing on this forum? Not sure I'm following you...

SEO is quite simple really - you use your keyword phrases for each page in the 5 places outlined in the tutorial I linked to above. Its not about keyword stuffing, but about strategically titling your pages so that both visitors and search engines know what to expect on that page.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

keyword stuffing

Postby louisvillesfinest » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:28 am

I did not mean you all were keyword stuffing. I guess what I was trying to
say is I used one of those keyword density checkers on my pages. And it
reported back that the word girl was like 64% and I've read that it's supposed to be about 7% or you could be banned from Google.
But it's mostly just pictures, with the word GIRL #1, GIRL# 2 & so forth.
Again thanks for you help. I'm a newbie
louisvillesfinest

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:35 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby louisvillesfinest » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Any suggestions please
louisvillesfinest

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Put more details on the page... Like a text header, more descriptive text, etc. It was hard to figure out what you wanted the visitor to do on the Girls page. I clicked a few of them and they all took me to the same page - "sorry, try again" or something like that (with no links - so I had to click the back button). I eventually noticed the poll in the left sidebar, but it wasnt immediately obvious what you expected the visitor to DO on that page.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Maa » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Hello Louisvillesfinest and welcome to the forum!:)
Maa

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion