[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hello to everyone :) • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hello to everyone :)

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Hello to everyone :)

Postby CareAnn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 am

First off let me say that this is a great site and I was lucky to stumble upon it! Thank U!

I am a single mother living in a very rural area and I am currently back in school (online) for my associate degree in Health Technology. I was hoping to one day have my own medical transcription business but until then? Welp, I've been reading and trying very hard to study as much about affiliate marketing that my brain will allow w/o my headexploding! :shock: I have already purchased a domain name and I went ahead and got a website thru godaddy. I am definitely ignorant to setting that up still but I'm trying. I'm not sure if website tonite was a good choice of sites to start with but they said HEY! its easy..So I figured I couldnt go wrong with that! :lol:

I hope to meet alot of great people here. Thanks again for the great site for the newbiest of newbs. :lol:

p.s. Coming up with an idea for the site seems to be the most difficult for me right now :(
CareAnn

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:21 am

Hi CareAnn & Welcome :D

It is always advised to get your domains at GoDaddy (or any registrar) and then host your website elsewhere. GoDaddy has a reputation for not being the best for hosting or creating your website. I havent used them for that personally - I host my websites at HostGator.

For ideas, I have a couple of new posts that should help you:

http://www.clicknewz.com/1838/online-business-ideas/

http://www.clicknewz.com/1822/market-re ... ng-niches/

What about using a topic that already has your interest - such as Medical Transcription or something related to what you are studying (or studying online/from home even)? I find that it helps to work with topics that already have my attention, to keep me from getting too scattered. It also helps you come up with content since that topic is part of your daily routine.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thanx!

Postby CareAnn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:53 am

Thank you for the informative links. I also looked into hostgator and it looks as if it might be a bit easier for me to understand. NOW if I just had another choice besides dial up in this rural area of nowhere land I live in..*laughs*
CareAnn

Postby tam2005 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi there CareAnn,

Welcome to the group. Nice to have you here. :)

Hostgator is good. I used to have dial up and it stinks...I was soo happy when DSL was available where I live! You've joined an awesome forum.
tam2005

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:43 pm

When I lived in the cabin on Center Hill Lake, all we got was dial-up. No television signal either lol. I feel for ya!

I have a coupon code for Hostgator if you decide to work with them. Their support is excellent - they have both toll free number and online chat:

http://www.clicknewz.com/995/hostgator- ... r-a-penny/
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby nar321 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:48 pm

Welcome to SSWT. Dial-up sucks, hopefully that will change and your area will get broadband. :)
nar321
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:55 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion