[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - New here • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

New here

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby Darkranger85 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:45 pm

I see what you mean.

And I do think that doing an affiliate site to start is a good start but I dont really know what to do.

Do I just make a website and write an article about the thing and string the links into the text?

I read some of the articles you linked above and it talked about researching keywords and stuff but I have to admit I'm a little lost.

A few times you mentioned seeing what it would take to get into the top 3.

also as I was reading I got the feeling that the idea of an affiliate site, as I was picturing it, was wrong.

Is your typical affiliate site just a webpage about a "product" and a link to buy it? Or is it more like a website with articles that are updated regularly with links to the product in it?

I apologize for my newbishness.
Darkranger85

Postby Darkranger85 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Darkranger85

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:02 am

When it comes to ebooks or info products on ClickBank, I prefer to review them myself before recommending them as an affiliate. That's the only way you'll know if they are worth recommending or not.

Why not start with something easier - things people are searching for online in other niches? In this post I list the 5 things people spend money on: Love, Money, Beauty, Health & Entertainment: http://www.clicknewz.com/1094/5-things- ... -money-on/

The goal is to choose a niche or a product and create a whole website around it. What you are promoting will determine how you promote it. For example, if I am searching for patio furniture I want to see pictures and prices (not articles). If I am searching for how to treat acne, I want to read how-to information. So you just have to use a little common sense on how to best appeal to your target market and introduce products to them.

Once you pick a general topic, do some searches and make notes of websites you like, what you dont like, and make a list of ideas for your own site.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Darkranger85 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:03 pm

alrighty, makes sense.

If say I was doing a product that you needed articles for, would you want to have articles that are more or less like a review of the product?

And in either case, with a non ebook product how do you know if its worth promoting?
Darkranger85

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:18 am

Again, what type of content depends on the keywords you are targeting and how you are "meeting" the visitor. If they search for "Acne Product X" you would want to give them a review. If they search for "how to treat acne" you want to give them a how-to article.

Some products are a no-brainer, like name brand or popular products - or something general like outdoor furniture or gardening tools. You just know they're worth promoting. If you come across products you're unsure about, you do some research and see if you can find reviews or discussions about them.

You can also use sites like Yahoo! Answers http://answers.yahoo.com and ask for consumer reviews. If people own the product and are willing to give you a candid review, you could offer to pay them $10 to expand on that to be featured on your website.

Get creative with it - there are tons of options ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Maa » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:52 pm

Hello Darkranger and welcome to the forum!:)
Maa

Postby Darkranger85 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:36 am

Darkranger85

Postby Darkranger85 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:39 am

Darkranger85

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:29 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Darkranger85 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:02 am

Darkranger85

Postby Darkranger85 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:28 pm

Ok, I'm starting a website now. Had a bit of a hold up.

Now since I have chosen the health/beauty category, should I dedicate my site to a single product or should it be health and beauty in general and review sites for everything from Makeup to Vitamins?

Or would that be to broad a selection?
Darkranger85

Postby angienewton » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:33 pm

I think that is too broad. I would go either health or beauty. Maybe start one until it gets up and going really good and then do the other. Just a thought!
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:34 pm

The more focused the niche, the easier and quicker it will be rank for specific keywords. Makeup and vitamins are not at all the same thing. Men may shop for vitamins, but not necessarily makeup. ;) So it changes your target audience.

Take vitamins: you can even drill down some to organic vitamins, natural vitamins or herbal vitamins; or even specific vitamins vitamin a, vitamin b12, etc....

So easier to pick one general topic, then find long-tail keywords from there. Helps focus in better on your target market.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby Darkranger85 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:25 pm

I'm wondering.

Is there anyone here that is experienced in affiliate programes and stuff like that, has had decent success (my definition would be making at least a few hundred a month) that would actually be willing to get on like AIM or something like that so I could ask questions and such?
Darkranger85

Postby tknoppe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:33 pm

Lynn Terry, the owner of this forum is a super affilate - and there are others on here who I am sure would meet your qualifications. I am just starting to make some money with affiliate marketing, but not quite consistent enough to be handing out advice. ;)

So perhaps someone else can help you; but doing a search of this forum with your specific questions may very well turn up your answer. :)
tknoppe
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion