[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - New here • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

New here

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

New here

Postby Darkranger85 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Darkranger85

Postby terrapin719 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:35 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Darkranger85 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:12 pm

Darkranger85

Postby AlexNewell » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:42 pm

First thing is to learn the lingo.

There is really a learning curve involving jargon. A beginning is to read around a bit and pick up a basic view of what affiliate programs are, what an autoresponder is and what a squeeze page is.

After that you need to know a bit about the different business models.

You can function as a writer who primarily sells their own products. Or as an affiliate who reviews and sells other people's products.

Do you want to sell real goods - like furniture or would you prefer to sell information products?

Or perhaps function mainly as a blogger?

There's no right or wrong here - but there is something which suits you and which you do most easily and make a success of.

Make the most of this and other communities - after all we may be your first customers!

:-)

All The Best

Alex
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby Darkranger85 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Well, at the moment I'm not 100% sure what I want to do.

I have a couple ideas of things that would intrest me but I dont know whats really involved in doing them.

I have read guides and posts on threads and it hasnt really helped me because I'm the kind of person that when I do something like this the first time I really need someone that can kind of take me by the hand and step by step show me how its done.

I guess to start off I would like to try to do something relativly simple to kind of get my gears moving.

Perhaps an affiliate site. But having no real experience in putting affiliate sites together I have no idea how "relativly simple" this is or even where to begin.

If someone is willing to mentor me in this area and help me get a site up and going I would be forever grateful!

:-)
Darkranger85

Postby Darkranger85 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:13 pm

I'm gonna move this over to your "getting started" section, seems to fit the topic.
Darkranger85

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:41 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi there,

Welcome to the group. You've certainly came to the right place.

Lynn provided you a great post there. :)

It is really important that you take the time and figure out what it is you would REALLY like to do. That is the key to your success in anything.

Glad to have you here.
tam2005

Postby Darkranger85 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Hey!

Thanks for the post! It was informative.

I actually do have an idea for a site I would like to try but I'm not sure of a few things.

If its a good idea that could actually make money
How to go about starting it
How to get people to go to it
Pricing of the "Product"

And just about anything else you can imagine.

I'm afraid you have the ultimate online business newb on your hands. lol
Darkranger85

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:31 pm

That's cool ;)

I have two more links for you:

http://www.clicknewz.com/1822/market-re ... ng-niches/

http://www.clicknewz.com/keyword-research.htm

Both of those should give you a good starting point for analyzing your idea and the profitability of your niche. Check those out and let me know your next questions.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Darkranger85 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Darkranger85

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:07 am

If you will let me know what confused you, or ask very specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them the best I can. Its hard to give advice without details, but I'm sure I could at least point you in the right direction :)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Darkranger85 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:38 am

alright, heres my thoughts.

I came up with the idea of making a website totally dedicated to "How to" video tutorials on a broad variety of subjects.

Everything from How to use the internet, How to build a computer, and How to use a word processor to How to change the brakes in your car and How to remove the trap in your sink.

Just a database of detailed video tutorials on anything I can possibly think of.

The thing is, as I've said, I have no experience in the whole online business aspect. I dont know how to go about setting up the site, I dont know what to price the tutorials at, or anything really.

One thing I'm afraid of is running out of ideas for tutorials.

My solution for that was, once its up and going and has good traffic, is to offer to purchase tutorials that people could submit. (if they meet standards)

One thing I was thinking was maybe I should try putting up an affiliate site because I figured it would be relatively simpler and would give me practice in making the site, keywords, and all that stuff while also bringing in a little money to help make the tutorial site.

But I haven't been able to come up with any ideas on affiliate sites and all the guides I've read have just confused me more.

lol am I hopeless?
Darkranger85

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion