[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What's Your Favorite Blog Software • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What's Your Favorite Blog Software

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

What's Your Favorite Blog Software

Postby David Jackson » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:25 pm

David Jackson

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:12 am

WordPress.

Its one of the most popular platforms so there are tons of tutorials, videos, plugins, etc out there on the web. It's easy to find people to help you with it, to hire for upgrades & theme designs, etc.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby terrapin719 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:14 am

Wordpress.

I've found it the easiest to modify, with the best plugins and add ons and the flexibility is just fantastic.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Jon Meek » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:55 pm

Yep, I agree, WordPress! And for all the reasons already give. It has such a great community around it.
Jon Meek
Elite Member

Postby allmylovecrafts » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:44 am

We run all of our blogs on the B2Evolution script.

I find it much easier than WP. It is also a much lighter script than WP. I see a few host have been pushing the b2evo because they have less problems.

Sheryl Loch
allmylovecrafts

Postby nar321 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:36 pm

WORDPRESS, as Roy Montero said in response to a question on Blog Talk Radio(quote) Wordpress rules and all the others drool (unquote). Which is not to say that it can't have problems and certainly isn't perfect .
NOTE:6:07pm
Just tried out b2evolution, I agree that it is easier in some respects, confusing in others and a possible contender for the Crown. The Default look is much like Word Press.

Right now I have it on a sub domain if I understand the term or on this sort of URL "www.xxx.yyyy/b2evolution". I had trouble trying to use Simple Scripts it didn't like my first login. However with Fantasico at Blue Host it was a snap or should I say a click to install

Think the problem with Simple Scripts was I wasn't asked for a username and password and trying to use admin and the copied&pasted password didn't work. Fantasico did ask me for a username and password which worked :D
nar321
Elite Member

Postby allmylovecrafts » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:11 pm

b2evo is made by some of the guys that started with WP. Not sure why there was a split but, I am happy. Because I love the b2.

I think it is what you are used to as to if WP or the b2evo is confusing.

Sheryl
allmylovecrafts

Postby tam2005 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:09 pm

tam2005

Postby nar321 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:46 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby AlexNewell » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:15 am

I love the improvements happening in WP - almost on a monthly basis there seems to be an upgrade.

Of course sometimes there are problems with plugins fighting each other!

:-)

I agree with Sheryl - it is what you are used to.

In a way it does not matter which technology is better; what really matters is getting really good at whatever you are using

All The Best
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby chriscobb » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:55 am

David,

I got my feet wet with Blogger which is a no cost way to get started. Then when I got my first website, I got Wordpress and imported all the info from Blogger.

Glad you are here,

chriscobb
chriscobb
Elite Member

Postby KarenMcG » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:10 pm

I use WordPress and it's my favorite.

I haven't used any other blog software so I don't have anything to compare it with, except for versions.

I learned on version 2.1.5. When WP upgraded/switched to 2.7 I was not exactly happy. :D Since I'm getting more used to it now (with a new blog), I've become quite pleased to have it.

Karen
KarenMcG
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:03 pm

I'm using WordPress as a platform for most of my sites. WP has more following and more support (at this time anyway) so I've found it easier to work with. Also the availability of more plugins to utilize.

Though I'm getting annoyed at the more frequent updates coming out these days for WP. But that's to be expected for being a popular platform. heh heh

8)
CorpRebel

Postby David Jackson » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:36 pm

David Jackson

Postby Pete007 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:35 am

wordpress. There is no doubt about it. Easy to use and very user friendly.
Pete007

Next

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion