[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Introducing Myself • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Introducing Myself

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Introducing Myself

Postby moomal » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:56 pm

Just joined the forum today so I thought I should drop in and say hi, so...

Hi!

My name is Laura Abro, I'm a full-time Internet marketer, for almost 2 years now. My husband and I run an ecommerce store - this is our third.

The first one we started in 2003 and honestly did extremely well considering that we had no idea what we were doing. But unfortunately we chose the wrong market and couldn't turn a profit. We shut the store down in 04 and didn't try again for about 2 years.

Our second store was started in Nov 06 and was in the supplement niche. It was actually a set of domains, one for each product, using the same template for each site. We were selling products that were being advertised on television and "stealing" the natural search traffic (by ranking for product names) as the company had no clue about SEO. It was relatively easy money, but the company destroyed itself and we suddenly found ourselves without a supplier (should have been paying closer attention, the signs were there long before that). Because all our domains had the product names in them, we couldn't redirect them to a different product.

So we started our third store, in the baby market. It's been a bit rough trying to recover from losing 100% of our income in the span of about 6 weeks, but with savings and some help from family we've managed to recover and are self-sufficient once more. Our next goal is to add some additional income sources, so we don't end up in a similar crisis again!
moomal
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:59 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Marc Meole » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:18 am

Marc Meole

Postby JeanM » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:37 pm

Welcome to the SSWT!

Looking forward to seeing you here.

Jean
JeanM
Elite Member

Postby moomal » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:13 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :) I've only been here 2 days and it already looks amazing!
moomal
Elite Member

Postby Ron Killian » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Ron Killian

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:42 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Welcome

Postby Moneycatchers » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:42 am

Hey Moo

How are you doing moo just saying hi as we joined near enough at the same time.

Regards Ian UK
Moneycatchers
Elite Member

Postby tam2005 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi Laura...welcome aboard! :)
tam2005

Postby terrapin719 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:28 pm

I'm late to the welcome wagon -lol- Welcome and thank you for helping with that htaccess problem earlier.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby AlexNewell » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi Laura

Welcome!

It's very interesting to read your experiences in the ecommerce world.

You mentioned supplements...

My main interest is natural health and so far I have been focusing on learning all I can of Internet Marketing before I really get going with health.

And well done in turning things around so quickly when your main income source dried up!

All The Best

Alex
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion