This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

SSWT Convert - Lucidboomer Joins a REAL Forum...

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

SSWT Convert - Lucidboomer Joins a REAL Forum...

Postby Lucidboomer » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:30 pm

Greeting everyone!

I'm Nick Walsh aka Lucidboomer. I'd like to offer a short story on who I am and how I got here.

I've been into computers since the Commodore 64 and VIC 20 days. I was on the internet in 1986.... participating heavily on the text based newsgroups. Began web design in 1992. I am a management analyst for a very large organization. My area is research, policy and strategic technology. I'm 53 already! Yikes! Where did the time go?

I do graphics design and web design for myself and a small circle of friends but I'm mostly interested now in developing a future in this business.

I was heading toward settling down in the Product Launch Zone until I ran into Lynn on her Podcast for "Internet Marketing Today". I decided to try it. I listened to the first four episodes and loved it! Lynn has her head on right for such a youngster :) Anyway... as a result of the incredibly valuable information I found on Lynn's sites I have unsubscribed from all the junk associated with Product Launch. My sense is that this forum is the way it's going to be for most intelligent marketers out there.

We are still in the very early stages of growth. I see very good things coming for people who create a niche for themselves in this genre.
Lucidboomer

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:05 am

Welcome to SSWT, Nick :D

The podcast at http://www.InternetMarketingThisWeek.com has been great fun so far, and I imagine lots of cool things will come out of that with 4 different personalities discussing hot industry topics! Glad you listened in and that you are enjoying it!

I look forward to following along and seeing what direction you take. Make yourself at home here - its a very cool group :)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion