[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Reminder: Why We're Doing This IM Stuff • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Reminder: Why We're Doing This IM Stuff

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Reminder: Why We're Doing This IM Stuff

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:21 am

I just read a great post by Naomi Dunford of IttyBiz.com called "Why We're Broke and How to Fix It."

It's mainly aimed at people who are stuck in dead-end jobs and are NOT doing anything online yet... but I found it to be a wonderful reminder of why I'm here (online), struggling to do what I do with my internet biz in my spare time after my JOB.

Sometimes (often!) we can get frustrated with this Internet Marketing world, and it'd be so easy (and less stressful) to just quit trying to do something above and beyond "working for the man."

Have you ever felt that way?

I found Naomi's article to be truly inspiring (she's a terrific writer). Here's the link if you're interested:

Bonnie
Bonnie Lowe

Postby Al Smith » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:35 pm

Hi Bonnie,

I read that article too, and signed up for her free follow up information.

Naomi is a great writer and I follow her blog regularly, but people should be forewarned she uses some strong language. It is certainly not for everyone.

Having said that, she shares awesome business information.

Thanks for bringing up her blog post, it reminded me to check my reader for updates.

Al
Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:52 pm

You're right about her language, Al. I should've mentioned that... but the article I referenced was pretty clean. :wink:

I love her sense of humor, and enjoy her use of "strong" language in her articles. It comes across as very genuine to me; not gratuitous or used for shock value... just normal, down-to-earth conversations.

I get enough of the carefully scribed "politically correct" crap at work. :roll:

Bonnie
Bonnie Lowe

Postby nar321 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:39 pm

Yes, she calls it like she sees it. Refreshing, but could be over done. Anyhoo1 I subscrbed and am looking forward to future posts. Thanks for the info :)
nar321
Elite Member

Postby kislany » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:44 am

kislany

Postby WAHumor » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:48 pm

Darn!

You mean she's not a secret anymore?!?

That's a great series of posts, BTW. Well worth reading, language or not!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:32 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion