[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Greetings from Sunny San Antonio Texas • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Greetings from Sunny San Antonio Texas

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Greetings from Sunny San Antonio Texas

Postby Mary Austin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:33 pm

I have been lurking around for a while but realized today that I have never posted an introduction.

I work in a great home office where I can look out onto my deck and see lots of plants, flowers and birds at numerous feeders.

I currently sell a digital book at www.computerhelpforbusypeople.com to home computer users. After learning from the input here and at other forums and webinars I am biting the bullet and making big changes.

I am in the process of breaking down the book into smaller articles, tutorials, videos, and reports and recreating my business into a membership site at www.thecomputerhelpcenter.com

I took almost everything down there, which is why I inquired in another post about membership and content management software that members are using. I really need to find an inexpensive starter solution.

Glad to be part of the group and appreciate the expertise that Lynn shares so willingly.

Mary
Mary Austin

Postby nar321 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:08 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby WAHumor » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:41 am

Are you targeting boomers?

Looks good!

Welcome and join right in!!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Targeting Boomers? Not necessarily

Postby Mary Austin » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:26 am

Thanks Dan.

Although I am not just targeting boomers, they are a big part of my market.

I have discovered that many people who have been on computers since BEFORE windows still don't know how to do the simple things like copy and paste - really!

Younger users are most often self-taught and never learned the shortcuts and many basics because they started learning long after the software publishers stopped including printed manuals with the software.

My biggest problem is that many home computer users don't know that they don't know. Know what I mean??

Mary
Mary Austin

Postby wade_watson » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:50 pm

As a boomer, I resemble that remark! :D Well, not really, I've been a total computer geek since '80. I know what you mean, though. I recently enjoyed introducing my 60ish musician neighbor to YouTube ("You mean it's free?").

Seems like the "don't know that they don't know" thing could be your biggest advantage. Your job is to show them what they're missing.

--Wade
wade_watson

Postby JeanM » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:09 pm

Hi Mary and welcome! Your site looks great.

JeanM
JeanM
Elite Member

Postby altyfc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Welcome to the forums, Mary.
altyfc

Postby kislany » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:42 am

kislany

Postby MommyEnterprises » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi Mary,

Welcome aboard!
MommyEnterprises

Postby tam2005 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:37 am

HI Mary,

Welcome aboard! Nice to have you here. :)
tam2005

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion