[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hi - another new member here! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hi - another new member here!

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Hi - another new member here!

Postby Simonk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi everyone.

Been looking around some sites recently and this one seems really informative so hope to learn a lot from you all!

About myself - well fairly new to all this and have been toying with the idea for a long time but finally got the push when i was offered to get involved with a new reverse auction site - no, not spamming just explaining!

Hope i have done the right thing starting out with the site - but I guess time will tell :roll:

Anyway - nice to be here.

If anyone has any knowledge about reverse auction sites please let me know - as I say pretty new to all this and could really use some feedback on how well this is likely to do from the people who have been there before!

Sorry for the long message!

Thanks
Simon
Simonk

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi Simon,

Welcome aboard!
MommyEnterprises

Hi Stefani

Postby Simonk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Many thanks
Simonk

what is a reverse auction?

Postby Mary Austin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:11 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Ill bite. What is a reverse auction?

Mary Austin
Mary Austin

Hi Mary - Reverse auction site

Postby Simonk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:54 pm

Hi Mary

Thanks for biting :) - the reverse auction site is simply the reverse of a normal auction - where the person who bids the lowest wins - not as simple as it sounds though (what is!?)

But, even with this being different and actually quite clever - still dont know if it is likely to work - hence the question about if anyone knows about reveres auction sites. I know that the product looks good and has worked in Europe and has just launched in the US a couple of weeks ago - but what I dont know is if it has a really good chance of working - given the economy etc at the moment! - just dont know?

Long answer to a short question - if you have any ideas then would be very glad to hear them!

Regards

Simon
Simonk

Mary - sorry thanks for the welcome and nice to meet you

Postby Simonk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:56 pm

Mary - sorry thanks for the welcome and nice to meet you!

I am afraid I am a little pre occupied with this question at the moment - and then potentially with getting it to market!
Think I need to sit down :shock:
Simonk

Postby JeanM » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi Simon and welcome!

JeanM
JeanM
Elite Member

Thanks for the welcome

Postby Simonk » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:40 am

Hi Jean

Thank you for the welcome - been looking around the site and seems very very interesting - especially to someone with my (lack) of experience :D
Simonk

Postby lisaw » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:48 am

Hi and welcome! :)
lisaw
Elite Member

Postby tam2005 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:23 am

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the boards. Nice to have you! :)
tam2005

Postby altyfc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:30 pm

Welcome...
altyfc

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion