[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hello from Florida • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hello from Florida

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Hello from Florida

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and hoping to learn a great deal about building web traffic, press releases and copywriting in general. I am a wahm living in south Florida and working on building my writing business.

I just recently met someone with a great business who wants to hire me to re-write her web pages and help her grow her business. I want to learn as much as I can so I can not only do well for her, but also generate additional clients.

I was reading a thread on here a day or two ago about an ebook. In that thread someone had mentioned a free course on press release writing. I clicked the link and didn't see the course so I wanted to re-check it. Now I can't find the thread. lol So, if anyone has a clue what I am talking about and can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. :)
Kathleen
Kathleen Roberts

Postby tam2005 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:46 am

Hi there Kathleen,

Welcome aboard! Nice to have you here. :)
tam2005

Postby nar321 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:56 pm

Welcome to SSWT, Kathleen :)
nar321
Elite Member

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Thank you! :) BTW I did find the thread I mentioned in my first post. The course mentioned was from a very old post so I guess that is why the link didn't take me anywhere relevant. lol

Ah well, guess I'll order a book. :D
Kathleen Roberts

Hey

Postby Jane123 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Welcome to this Forum & am sure this Forum will be helpful to you in every way
If have any query please feel free to ask any one

Postby angienewton » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:40 pm

Welcome Kathleen! Glad to have you here.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:11 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome. :)
Kathleen Roberts

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi Kathleen & Welcome :D

One of my favorites is Hypnotic Copywriting by Joe Vitale. I also just ordered three new books:

"Portable MFA in Creative Writing"

"Content Rich: Writing Your Way to Wealth on the Web" by Jon Wuebben

"Get Content. Get Customers. How to use content marketing to deliver relevant, valuable, and compelling information that turns prospects into buyers" by Newt Barrett

I got them on Amazon.com - and you can find Joe Vitale's work there as well. Hope that helps!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:41 am

Kathleen Roberts

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:11 pm

Make sure that you work out those details with her so that you both know what the expectations are, and are both comfortable with those. It sounds like a great opportunity, but also a substantial investment of time & energy.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:48 am

Kathleen Roberts

Postby Maa » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:49 pm

Hello Kathleen and welcome to the fourm!:)
Maa

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:34 am

This might prove to be a helpful starting point:

Let us know if you want to brainstorm further. You might start a new thread in the Online Marketing & Publicity section of the forum too.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:23 pm

Oh! I love this! Thanks for the link. :)

I have a question for you though. You mention submitting articles to article directories. What directories would you recommend and is it okay to submit the same article to more than one directory?
Kathleen Roberts

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:31 pm

Duh! Just saw what you said about starting a new thread. Good idea! lol
Kathleen Roberts

Next

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion