[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - New member saying Hello! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

New member saying Hello!

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

New member saying Hello!

Postby tknoppe » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:06 pm

I just joined the forum and wanted to give a quick hello. I'm Traci and live in Missouri, USA. I have owned a web design/hosting company that I operate from home for the past almost 10 years. I have specialized in ecommerce design and also do a lot with WordPress. However, for about the past 1.5 years I have been studying SEO, affiliate and internet marketing and plan to change my primary business focus to something more along those lines, as well as adding a few other niche businesses to the mix.

The need for change After three years of private school, we are once again a homeschooling family (I graduated one of my older children from homeschool in 2004), and am finding I need a business model that will allow for multiple streams of income, without me sitting at the computer hammering out code literally myself. In other words: web design is extremely time intensive without much pay off. I don't mind working hard, but I want to work smart too and use my time wisely and make the most of it. :wink:

Lynn's reputation precedes her, and I've gotten to know a bit more about her in recent weeks and finally found my way here to the forum. I am very busy, but will make an effort to check in daily to be a contributing member of the forum and to learn!
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:46 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby tknoppe » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:02 pm

tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:53 am

Welcome Traci :D Its great to see you here at the forum!

I can really relate to your situation. I started out in web dev in the late 90's myself, and it was only in the last 5 years that I switched over to a more passive income model. I am no longer for hire, and LOVE it. There is great money in that business mind you - but I understand your limitations. And of course the skills are always something you can fall back on - and obviously use to create your own streams of income.

Glad you joined us ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby lisaw » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:42 am

Hi Traci and welcome! I'm also in that line of work, and looking to diversify my income streams through affiliate marketing :)

You've come to the right place!
lisaw
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi Traci! It's nice to have you here.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:07 pm

Thanks for the welcomes! :) I'm waiting patiently for my approval into the Elite area. :D
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:17 pm

You should get an email from me in the next few minutes ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion