[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - My first elance experience • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

My first elance experience

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

My first elance experience

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:32 pm

I just posted 2 projects on elance.com - my first experience on that site.

I needed very specific flash work and a document translated into 7 languages... otherwise I'd have posted on the job board here.

I got low and high bids... I emailed the lowest bidder a few times, and read his elance reviews, and I'm paying about 1/10 of what I had expected to pay for this project!

Will let you know how the final project turns out!

It's simple to use- like ebay- once you get the hang of it; I don't know why I've never used it before!
Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby alexc » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:00 pm

alexc

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:16 am

Oregon Coast Guy

Postby alexc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:51 pm

Oh I won't undersell my services, but I will have to reduce the costs to the low-end of what they are worth :) I'll be the Wal-Mart of eLance, selling as cheaply as possible :) And you are right, I probably don't want to work with the folks who don't know what my work is really worth.
alexc

Postby WAHumor » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:49 am

Use the feedback rating to justify your price.

One or two top ratings from satisfied customers will do a world of good.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby lisaw » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:55 am

I've used elance with good success. Remember that the lowest bidder is not necessarily going to be the best choice - you get what you pay for! Be specific about what you want if you're looking to hire someone, and if you're looking for work, don't short-change yourself. Your time and talents are worth it. Once you've gotten some positive feedback in your profile, people will be more likely to hire you.
lisaw
Elite Member

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion