[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What Should I Do? I Feel Ripped Off and Disrespected. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What Should I Do? I Feel Ripped Off and Disrespected.

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

What Should I Do? I Feel Ripped Off and Disrespected.

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:47 pm

Here's the situation and I hope someone can come up with a good resolution for my issue, because I'm at a loss.

A couple months back, I placed an ad at a forum. I signed up, paid via PayPal and the ad was promptly posted.

After getting no revenue from the ad after the month, I decided to invest the money elsewhere. I notified the forum admin that I would not be renewing the ad. I got no reply and a couple days later, another payment was taken from my bank account.

I emailed and PM'd them to let them know that the payment was taken out and could I get a refund for it since the ad was not to be running any longer. EVENTUALLY, I got a reply, letting me know that the payment would indeed be refunded (they said their power was out. Alright, no problem. It happens.). Nothing happened. No refund.

The next month came around and once again, the payment was taken from my bank account. Now, I'm out $50! I emailed and PM'd immediately and, to this day, 2 weeks later, not a peep from the forum admin. No refund. No reply.

I know for a fact, they've been around because I've seen numerous posts from them in the forums.

I had a great deal of respect for them, but it is nearly gone now as I feel totally ripped off.

What say you? What should I do? I appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Al Smith » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:17 pm

Hi Tony,

I hope you have already put a stop pay on them, so that they can't take any more money while this gets resolved.

Was there a contract for a specified period of time, or was it monthly renewal? Can you actually stop the service according to the terms you signed up for without being in breach of contract?

Personally I'd have no problem bringing it out in public right in their own forum and other forums to warn others off before anyone else gets ripped off.

Refunds should never take more than a couple of weeks to reach you. If it is PayPal, I would put in a complaint against them.

Obviously this is not a great sum of money but the money is better in your pocket than theirs.

Al
Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:28 pm

It is coming from my PayPal account, but I cannot find an indication of a payment renewal, although that particular account is clearly the one used. It has the payments coming out in my History.

There was no contract involved. Just a month to month thing that could be stopped at any time.

I really don't want to name names if I don't have to, but the frustration of dealing with something that should be so absolutely simple is forcing my hand in that direction.

Thanks for the input, Al.

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Al Smith » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:37 pm

Hi Tony,

Make sure you let PayPal in on this problem.

Send a copy of your emails and communication to PayPal and there's a good chance they will deduct it from the sellers' merchant account and refund you your money.

If you are worried about going public then I would communicate to the perpetrators how much time you will wait. After that, they deserve to have their businesses dragged through the mud.

Feel compassion for the general public, not people who sully marketers good reputations.

Just my two cents . . . (can you tell I hate to be ripped off?)

Al
Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:22 pm

It looks like I may have to contact PayPal, as you said.

I really didn't think it would come to this and that is why I am so hesitant to bring this into the light. I really trusted them.

I also hate people who rip people off and, if I was absolutely convinced that it was a blatant rip off and not someone who has some real organizational problems, I wouldn't bat an eye about exposing them.

I guess I'm just hoping they will get their act together and do the right thing by me.

Bottom line, I'm tired of emailing and PM'ing and being ignored and if I don't get a resolution very, very soon, I'm going to have no other choice.

Thanks again for the input.

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby robert adams » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:38 pm

you can certainly turn off the subscription payment in your paypal account so they can't keep doing it.

you need to go ahead and report it to paypal now, before any more time goes by etc.

roberrt
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:12 am

Its my fault. Bad timing no doubt. The entire month of August was a loss for me in a number of ways (power outage, travelling, sons illness, etc). And yes "it happens", but its no excuse. I am in talks behind the scenes with a number of people to get solutions on board. Unfortunately the help I have taken on in the past has not panned out.

I'll make it up to you, Tony. I do have a lot of respect for you, and apologize sincerely for my delay in handling this properly. Here's what you should do: unsubscribe from the advertising from within your paypal account (you control all paypal subscriptions on your end). I'll refund you DOUBLE your money - and wont take no for an answer ;)

I have to run to the school, will be back in 20 minutes, and I'll send the payment to you as soon as I return.

You've been more than patient, and I appreciate that. I'm terribly sorry for your trouble getting this resolved, and my delay in getting back to you on it.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:37 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Al Smith » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:36 am

Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:06 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:57 am

Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:26 pm

Thanks Tony! Things are going fairly smooth now. Such is life, it has its bumps ;) And no worries - you did the right thing. Whatever it takes, right? *smile*

Glad we're square!

(and I dont think anyone had any misconceptions that I'm perfect or anything :P hehe)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:53 pm

I know that MY pre-conceived notions of your perfection were shattered :cry:

:lol:
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby robert adams » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:34 am

oh now, it just depends on your definition of perfection.

Hey, one time even I thought I was wrong, turned out I was mistaken.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby alexc » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:35 pm

alexc

Next

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion