[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Beware Fake Income Proof • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Beware Fake Income Proof

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Beware Fake Income Proof

Postby Alan Petersen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:24 am

We've all heard the stories of shoddy marketers faking their income proof screenshots on their sales page. I figured if they did do that it required some photoshop skills, etc. I guess I was very naive because it is so easy to do. All you need is a line of code which makes any web page editable. So you can change your income stats, traffic stats, whatever.

The screen shot below took me about 20 seconds to do right from my ClickBank account...

So be careful when you're reading those sales page. You know the old saying...if it's too good to be true... :)
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:48 pm

I watched the video about this at your blog this morning, and was really shocked at how easy it was to do. How very sad to think that some may be using this method to fake "income proof" too...

Its truly a shame when greed overrides integrity. Especially since the latter delivers better results...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Shaye ~ proud wahm » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:21 am

Shaye ~ proud wahm

Postby Alan Petersen » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:15 pm

It truly is amazing how easy it is to fake this stuff. Here is the video I shot demonstrating this:

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby kenmac » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:27 am

kenmac

Postby alexc » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:55 am

I have always had a saying "If it is on the internet it must be true!" wich is delivered dripping with sarcasm so thick that you can just about taste it in the air.

I never take anything on the web at face value, and if I can't find multiple sources to corroborate something I don't buy into it. Obviously there are some exceptions, like getting info from people I trust and the like, but any sales pitch gets scrutinized and gone over with a magnifying glass.
alexc

Postby oroyb » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:57 am

Alan,

How do I break into a little piece of your market. I want to make sales like that - WOW! I'm IN!

Really, there is a lot of garbage on the internet as well as a lot of downright fraud - but - is it really much different in the "real world?" Given what we are taught as children and what we learn as adults, I have my doubts.

I guess it just boils down to, "buyer beware."

Thanks for reminding us and keeping us aware.

Roy
oroyb
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:42 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:45 pm

there is nothing new in the way of scams on the net.

I was seeing all the same things in old fashioned mail order marketing years ago.

the only difference is that on the net, it is free to market and in snail mail, it costs money.

therefore, there are many more scammers online.

keep in mind though, that the reason we are all here on this board is to learn how to market to the buyers.
unfortunately, you can't just say" here is my product , please buy it!" and expect to make any sales.
therefore, you need hype to convince people to buy from you rather than someone else.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:10 am

Hmmm good thing I do not know how to do this stuff nor do I care to learn. I am a firm believer that if you cannot be honest about your business and how well you are doing with it, then you need not be in business.

I never believe hype, I want to see it for myself before I believe anything nowadays.
karynsolo

Postby Alan Petersen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:22 am

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:39 pm

Great advice. ClickBank handles the refunds directly, so there is no concern about not getting a refund from a ClickBank merchant.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

It's A Crazy Game

Postby gurusstink » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:28 pm

I agree with you totally, some of these guys are really heartless.

In retaliation, I went to clickbank and found one of the hottest products, typed in a line of code and BLAM! I got the product totally free.

Of course I cant reveal the line of code, but needless to say I felt pleased with the fact that this so-called guru didn't dupe me with fake screen shots.

I suppose what we see lately is just how difficult it is to make money in the 'MAKE MONEY ONLINE' niche. The skepticism is mammoth.

Peace
gurusstink

Postby Michael b » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Michael b

Postby Michael b » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Michael b

Next

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion