[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Introducing Myself • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Introducing Myself

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Introducing Myself

Postby LeisaWatkins » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi Everyone!

My name is Leisa Watkins. I live in Salt Lake City where I keep extremely busy homeschooling my kids, creating art, and running business from home. My primary affiliate business is BookWise - I love everything about it.

My time of late has been spent getting ready to officially launch a new social networking site for women. I noticed so many of the social networking sites for women were created by men. And many of them seem to have gotten full of negative posts, foul language, and too much emphasis on trivial matters. I don't know if the term has been used much in the internet marketing arena or not - but I prefer to call it a supportive network rather than a social network.

The Rich Women Sisterhood is much more than a social networking site. It's about empowering women. It’s a site where women can form online groups, and off-line Rich Women Sisterhood Chapters. These chapters purpose it to form a sisterhood of women to assist and help each other. These groups can be a more formal mastermind group, or ones where women meet to share common interests that enRICH their lives or perhaps share in a hobby.

It’s a place where women from all walks of life can find resources that empower and enrich their lives. Resources to live life more abundantly and enrich their life. In fact, I would call it a supportive networking site, rather than a social networking site.

I've got much of the structure done, now I'm working on adding content, refining the sites structure, getting the forum set-up and marketing it during it's BETA phase.

I've had some great success marketing my BookWise business online, but marketing this site will be slightly different. Sure the marketing strategies will be much the same, but the competition for social networking sites are fierce and people belong to so many. So convincing them to join and use this site during it's launch phase is the part that tricky part. Especially as I am still working on getting the content in.

I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this forum, but today was my first introduction to the site. I am looking forward to getting to know each of you better.

By the way, I am putting together a series of tele-seminars for our grand opening launch in September. If you know of women, or even a few men, that would be great speakers on subjects of interest to women let me know. I am, of course, looking for presenters related to business, but also looking for speakers to talk on the subjects of parenting, relationships, home, and dealing with issues such as being widowed, overcoming trauma, etc. So if you can refer me to anyone I would greatly appreciate it. I won't be able to pay for the seminar, but they would receive a link back to their site and could present a special offer as part of their seminar. The pay would be exposure and the satisfied feeling that you have helped improve peoples lives.

~ Leisa
LeisaWatkins

Postby Al Smith » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:56 pm

Hi Leisa,

Welcome to the forums. Look forward to hearing some of your ideas.

Al
Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby LeisaWatkins » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:09 pm

Thanks for the Welcome Al.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the community. This forum seems to have a nice homey feeling. I'm looking forward to contributing in any way I can.

~Leisa
LeisaWatkins

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:01 am

Hi Leisa & Welcome :D

Your enthusiasm really shines through! I look forward to following along and getting to know you at the same time. Keep us posted, and of course feel free to ask any questions along the way.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Marc Meole » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:55 pm

Welcome to SSWT :)
Marc Meole

Postby angienewton » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:56 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Maa » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Maa

Postby MommyEnterprises » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:39 pm

Hello and welcome aboard!
MommyEnterprises

Postby LeisaWatkins » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:57 pm

LeisaWatkins

Postby tam2005 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi there Leisa,

Welcome to the boards. Nice to have you here! :)
tam2005

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:05 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion