[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Bogged down! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Bogged down!

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Bogged down!

Postby mitchpowell » Mon May 19, 2003 4:18 pm

Hi! :?:

My name is Mitch Powell. I've waited tables in Laguna Beach for ten years, all the while learning about my computer and the web. I've completed a web designer certification program at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo which has taught me very much about the handling of websites, but still not enough.

To complicate matters, I have hundreds of ideas that I've thought through; and I think they're really great ideas, but I get bogged down in the logistics of handling them for the web. That is, acting upon the right methods which will ultimately realize these ideas.

I made some mistakes in my life in the recent past which are threatening my very freedom, and causing me great financial and emotional anxiety; this, and the angst-ridden routine of my waiter-job drive my need to urgency.

In addition to wanting to host just a few artist-friends on the web, and getting commissions from the sales they make there, and offering my services as a graphic designer, and having the website that promotes the web-hosting and design aspects of my business (while in reality, I won't want to take on more hosting jobs than just the initial few, it couldn't hurt to have my 'facade' appear that I could) -- in addition to those main presences on the web, I also want to develop myself by way of my website: positive180.com.

This idea is to show others how one person could "do a positive 180" and be successful while drawing on the resources which are prominently scattered about the website. I'm learning to set goals with Success Studios' GoalPro 5.0, and subscribing to many achievement-"type" newsletters, and I know if I can present my website as a gateway to so many of the other related websites, I can get a large opt-in subscriber list to my own newsletter which I have yet to publish (or even begin).

Add to all of this my memberships in Host4Profits' Warrior Group, complete with affiliation ID#'s plugged in by my SixFigureIncome (SFI) "Powerline Leader", including PushButton Publishing, and so on, countless articles and e-books I have resell rights to, and to the Free-Software-Forever foundation where I have resesll rights to lots of good stuff, I have to stop making my sentences so long and boring here and get o the point. My point is a question: Can you see how bogged down I am in trying to make my positive life changes, make an online business or two or three, get others interested in all this change, etc., and part two of the question, what do I have to do to get through it?

I'm ready to put together a mission staterment for this 21-day challenge, but the major topics and issues are so vast I know I'll need to whittle down and attempt only one specific goal. But which one? Get my main website up-and-running, or concentrate on the positive180 website as a kind of log of my activities so we all can watch an "achievement-related" website come together before our very eyes?

I own powell3d.com, powelltownusa.com, positive180.com, jimnussbaum.com and jamesnussbaum.com, and sculpturebyjameskoch.com.

If you check them out, you'll see parking pages for the most part. You can go to http://powell3d.com/indexpast.html to see a lot of junk, but I just can't pull it all together.

I'm spending a lot of money to have these domains, and I've spent a little on software, content, resell rights, etc., but if I bought everything all my affiliates want me to buy, I'd go broke. I want to put into use those tools I already have going for me by virtue of hosting with Host4Profit, and there are helpful people at the other end there, but they keep sending me automatic mailings for more things to buy. Okay, okay, you get the picture that I'm bogged down.

Can anybody help me break these down?
I want to get phase two going. (Phase one was learning the stuff I've already learned)
mitchpowell

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 20, 2003 12:10 am

Hi Mitch and Welcome to the SSWT Forum :D

I absolutely love the concept behind Positive180.com!

I can relate to your feeling overwhelmed and needing some focus, and admire you for putting it all out there on the table - I believe that was a *good* first step! I suggest that you - beginning today and even backtracking some - keep a "start-up journal" as this could very well turn out to be a positive and motivating story, as you mentioned.

The first step would be to define your Primary Focus, or main objective. What is (potentially) your main source of income? Where does your passion lie?

Obviously multiple streams of income are possible, and will be the end result, but the key is to find your focus and build everything else around it.

Personally, I would focus on the development of Positive180.com and the email publication that goes with it... branching off from there to integrate your other projects.

Perhaps... when taking on the TLS 21-day Challenge, or setting your goals, simply creating a short-term plan would be a good initial challenge at this point. An "action plan" - a challenge to combine all of your ideas into a prioritized list, and focusing on the income potential and time investment for each one - and then developing a business plan using this information.

What do you think?

Also - I'd love to see some of your graphic work... do you have a portfolio or can you send a few links my way? I can be reached at Lynn@WebServiceNetwork.com ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Cate » Tue May 20, 2003 12:07 pm

Cate

Postby Joe McHenry » Tue May 20, 2003 5:53 pm

Joe McHenry

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 21, 2003 12:12 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion