[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Time Management • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Time Management

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Time Management

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:34 pm

Time management is something I am always having problems with! I am one that always is looking for more things to do then finish what I already have.

Anyone else in the same boat?
MommyEnterprises

Postby tam2005 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:43 pm

Yep Stefani...sometimes, I find myself starting something else before I complete another project. It's a never ending cycle...teaching myself "time management" skills! LOL :lol:
tam2005

The ToDo List that Could

Postby createyourdream » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi, Stefani,

Yes, one of my big challenges is that the list keeps getting longer of things I want to get to, that I get out of focus on why I want to do my current project!

So, it gets to be a chore instead of a joy and my brain wants to go to another thing without accomplishing the first very well. Energy management goes hand in hand with time. If I can manage my enthusiasm and energy for the tasks I know will pull me toward my goal, I can make time to do those things.

I want to say, though, that you are making progress by having live websites up and running and doing interesting things to draw traffic to them. I admire that in you. You will get better at this time thing as you keep focusing on your progress, and see your improvements.

Another solution: Sticktuitiveness, no matter what. I heard Kevin Hogan say something in a call with Michael D. Walker a few months back, "Do something to the point of significance."

What that means to me is if you can stick to something so that you can see results & others benefit, it is then that you can move on to another step in the process or to another project.

If I stop or change direction mid-task or mid-project, which I've done many times before, the "great idea" never reaches momentum. never manifests. I don't even have any results to show for all the time or effort I gave to that idea to that point.

So, chalking all this up to "Learning 10,000 ways not to" as Thomas Edison said, I'm focusing on one aspect of one project at a time.

Now, to follow my own advice... Back to
Http://www.yourdailymentor.com/
createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:43 am

What a great post, Mary - very well said! I particularly like your take on "energy management". One of the things that has worked well for me was to identify my most productive hours of the day, and make sure I am using that time to focus on my most important tasks.

I used to do all the little tasks, check this, do that, etc during the morning hours - and then found I was running out of steam by the time I got into a larger project. Not ideal.

Great thread Stefani. I think we all deal with this issue to a point.

Obviously the "follow through" is the most crucial element of any of our projects. So it pays to put any new ideas on the list, and on the back burner, until we get through what we are already working on. It takes a lot of discipline, of course - I struggle with it myself!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby angienewton » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:15 am

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby srmohio » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:55 pm

srmohio
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:45 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby lisaw » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:52 am

lisaw
Elite Member

Postby JeanM » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:18 pm

Wow this post is about me! I have such limited time because I work....ugh. I get side tracked very easily :roll: and have recently been trying to really stay focused.

JeanM
JeanM
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:16 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby T_J » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:23 pm

T_J

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion